Updated: Apr 8
Are you looking to get into fighting shape faster? On The Block Boxing, led by boxing expert Devon Neis, is an excellent resource for boxers and athletes looking to improve their skills or get into shape more efficiently. Here are 10 tips from Devon on how to make the most of your training.
1. Utilize your diet. Your body needs fuel to perform at its best and choosing the right foods can help. Protein is the building block of muscle and carbohydrates are a great source of energy. Eat snacks throughout the day so that you have enough energy to last through a tough workout.
2. Set goals. You need something to work towards in order to make progress, otherwise it’s easy to lose motivation or become complacent with your results. Make sure your goals are achievable but also challenging - it’s easier to stay motivated when you know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel!
3. Listen to your body. Pushing yourself too hard can lead to injury or burnout, so take breaks when necessary and focus on form rather than speed or weight when performing exercises or drills. It’s also important to rest in between workouts - recovery time is just as important as training time!
4. Variety is key! Working out should never be boring - mix up your routine by trying different exercises, drills, and even sports like boxing and kickboxing! Adding variety will keep things interesting while still helping you reach your goals in a safe and effective way.
5. Learn proper technique. Poor technique can lead to injury, so it’s important that you learn how to perform each exercise correctly before attempting it on your own or in class/training sessions with others. Devon provides detailed video tutorials on his website for all levels of experience - check them out for accurate guidance!
6. Have fun with it! Working out doesn’t have to be a chore; find activities that you enjoy doing (like boxing!) and stick with them! Not only will this help keep you motivated but it will also help increase strength and endurance over time if done regularly enough.
7 .Find a good coach/trainer who will push you and provide honest feedback about your performance; this accountability can help keep you motivated while providing valuable insight into areas where improvement may be needed (such as technique). A good trainer should also be able customize workout plans according to individual needs for maximum results (e.g., beginner vs advanced).
8 .Be consistent with training; consistency is key if you want see results quickly and safely without risking injury due overexertion or exhaustion from taking too long of breaks between workouts/drills – Devon recommends training 2-3 times per week depending on individual fitness levels/goals as well as other commitments such as work/school etc...
9 .Stay hydrated; dehydration can cause fatigue, headaches, dizziness etc... so make sure you drink plenty of fluids before during & after workouts/drills – drinking water helps prevent muscle cramps & aids in recovery post-workouts too so don't forget about H2O during those grueling sessions either ;)
10 .Know yourself; everyone has different strengths & weaknesses – focus on what makes YOU unique & use those qualities when working out – if something isn't working for YOU don't be afraid change things up until they do – remember everyone learns differently & progress at different rates so don't compare yourself too harshly with others either ;)
Getting into fighting shape doesn't have to be difficult when following these tips from boxing expert Devon Neis at On The Block Boxing's website! With his expertise in formulating custom workout plans geared towards individual performance goals plus detailed video tutorials showcasing proper technique, anyone can jumpstart their journey towards peak physical fitness faster than ever before! So why wait? Get started today - because it's never too late for self-improvement ;)
Click here to: BOOK NOW